The NBA is now locked out and I have been welcoming NBA fans to NHL fandom with open arms. There are quite a few significant differences between both sports. Here’s a list to help them out.
- A basket is now a goal, a ball is now a puck, and a court is now a rink.
- You don’t like that prick on the other team? Go ahead punch him. It’s allowed…and encouraged.
- It’s not weird to ask a player which way he shoots.
- Hooking gets you time in the penalty box, not jail.
- The concept of loyalty and teamwork is a reality. No talents will be taken to South Beach.
- If a ball goes out of play, it might knock over your beer. If a puck goes out of play, it might break your nose.
- It’s ok, I can’t pronounce his name either.
- Yes, Don Cherry always wears stuff like that. Don’t act surprised.
- Female hockey fans actually care and are knowledgable about the sport. They aren’t trying to be on a reality TV show and get famous because of their husbands or boyfriends.
- There are no Kardashian’s infiltrating the NHL.
- A NBA player’s smashed finger will take him out of the game. Duncan Keith lost 7 teeth during a game and still finished.
- Crying is not an option, but breaking sticks and throwing milks crates both are.
- Yes, ginger twins are still creepy, but in Vancouver they are worshipped.
- A one timer does not end with a paternity suit.
- Constantly being on your knees and letting something in the five hole doesn’t make you a slut, it makes you a bad goalie.
- No, that is not a pedophile, that’s just an NHL rookie trying to grow out his Movember mustache
- The Stanley Cup is the world’s greatest Pimp Cup.
- Icing isn’t just for cupcakes.
- Players will get their face smashed in with a puck and still play. They don’t complain about colds *cough cough Lebron*
- Our commissioner is just as bad.
NBA fans, sorry about your lock out, but welcome to the greatest sport in the world.